Below are the basic items that every staff needs to be trained on.
- Logging in/out: Make sure staff knows how to log in & out of Switch.
- New Reservations: Explains the two different ways of creating new reservations and which one is easier.
- Block outs: How to block out your inventory.
- Check-ins: Showing how to see how many check ins & check outs the today.
- Payments: Teaches how to do half payment with cash, full payment with credit card offline, etc.
- Moving Reservations: Drag reservations to different rooms.
- Auxiliary Items: How to add auxiliaries & include them as items in a reservation's bill.
- Notes: How to create notes on a reservation.
- Seasonal Pricing: Shows the different ways to change (seasonal) prices.
- Booking Button: Generate a "Book now" code for your website.
- Transactional E-mail: How to create a transactional e-mails for the guest or the property.
- Housekeeping: How to use the housekeeping section and how to create a housekeeping user.
- Create Room: How to create rooms, set up prices and change currency.
- Reservation Details: Shows each section of the reservation details.
After going through the basics, you can do some tests to make sure everyone understood. Always let the staff/trainee interact with the computer, rather than the trainer.
A good way to make sure your staff actually understands the procedures is by running small test during the training. For example, ask each staff member to create a room with his name and test each of the features previously explained.